Search This Blog

"Don't eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn't recognize as food" Michael Pollan.

Contact me via email at : The1718project@yahoo.com


Saturday, March 20, 2010

Another Great Reason to Buy Locally: My MOOMilk Experience

I am a great supporter of the BUY LOCAL movement in the United States. I believe that it is the only way back to a sustainable food supply system like the one our ancestors created and that we have lost. It takes some searching and a clear decision making process but in the end when you buy food that is produced nearby you have fine food and your money stays in the local economy. Another reason to buy local is that it is easier to create a direct link between you and the farmers and I have found that they truly value you as a customer. I live in Maine and had started to buy Maine's Own Organic Milk [also known as MOOMilk.] Last week I had a hard time buying it because the cartons in my local store were leaky-it was a disappointing experience. Because I belong to several local food groups on Facebook, I sent MOOMilk a message about the problem. I was so pleased with their response to correct the problem-and also because my opinion was treated as valued. I will be a steady customer from now on and highly recommend MOOMilk.It tastes great. If you live in Maine-give it a try and support your local dairy farmers!

1 comment:

  1. I buy my milk at Shaw's Farm in Dracut, Mass and it comes in glass bottles. I live over the border in NH, but it's worth the drive. I think any milk tastes great in glass bottles over cartons, but I love actually driving past the cows and buying it in the little farm stand.

    ReplyDelete